Monday, January 26, 2009
..journey's end..


And now I've reached the end of the line,
My weary feet will not trudge on.
For all these years they've stood by me,
This is our final stretch together.

The endless road stretches before me,
But I dare look ahead no more.
Always drawing you on, never getting near,
The horizon is only a fool's hope.

All around, these sights, these sounds,
Sensuous delightful jewels.
Not for me, they hold no charm anymore,
Nothing matters but journey's end.

And what have I to show the world as mine,
Remains of the life gone by,
The things that measure a lifetime's worth.
All that I am, is YOUR memory..
 
posted by One Bizarre Scribe at 8:18 AM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At 8:48 AM, Blogger Gayatri Bhadran

    kickass poem as usual.

    your previous ones have also been in these lines, sad and intense.

     
  • At 9:42 AM, Blogger One Bizarre Scribe

    thanks for that. somehow, that's my comfort zone when it comes to penning poems.. :)

     
  • At 7:50 PM, Blogger Ken John Koshy

    Are you a depressed soul? People right what they feel within them. Or is it frm past experiences?

     
  • At 11:32 AM, Blogger One Bizarre Scribe

    That's open to interpretation. Memories make the man, innit? Or it could be cause I'm such a pessimist.. =]